SCHOOL OPENING UPDATE - JUNE 29th
From our Principal - Mrs. Bentz:
DEAR ST. ANNE SCHOOL FAMILY - Thank you for your continuing kind, patient support of our school community. You chose St. Anne School because you desired a safe and secure, academically strong, caring and faith- filled experience for your children. NOTHING HAS CHANGED - OUR MISSION IS AS STRONG AS EVER .
AS OF TODAY, JUNE 29TH:
ST. ANNE SCHOOL WILL OPEN IN THE FALL - FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL IS AUGUST 31ST. Preschool will open as usual the week after the labor day holiday.
The State of Pennsylvania is currently in the GREEN PHASE - this means ALL schools, including local school districts and Diocesan schools will open with specific guidelines and restrictions in place. The planning for opening is very fluid and guidelines are subject to change. As of today we can tell you that final details of our plan will be completed, reviewed and approved by the Diocese (based on local and state public health and safety guidelines) for presentation in late July. This careful and thoughtful planning is taking time: there are a remarkable amount of details that require careful planning and thought. All parties are working diligently and quickly for the HEALTH AND SAFETY of our students and staff.
TODAY I Can Share:
1. Bus transportation plans and processes will be decided and dictated by the local school district where you reside. The school district transportation offices will determine, through their plan, how YOUR child will be transported.
2. Entrance into the school during the school day will be limited to necessary professional repair companies and school district and Diocesan educational support staff.
3. Until further notice - school volunteers/visitors will not be permitted to enter the building. Several safety features are being adapted for our school.
4. School disinfectant cleaning will take place daily, and in several forms, details will be forthcoming.
5. Policies regarding safe protective face coverings/masks for students and staff will be announced.
6. Government funds have been made available so that each school may incorporate health and safety supplies, equipment, etc. into our school health and safety planning. We are in the process of having our plans and purchases approved.
7. Specific procedures and protocols for students who may become ill while in school are being written in accordance with CDC and State and location public health guidance.
I will continue to keep you updated. Your patience and prayers are much appreciated as we work for safe and sound solutions during these challenging circumstances for all of us. Keep safe and well. You are always in our prayers.
Good Bless and Enjoy You Summer!
Karen Bentz, Principal
Update #2: June 29, 2020